Saturday, November 25, 2017

Oops, we bought a project boat!

It’s winter, and for us that means it’s project season. Nearing 3 years of too many projects to count (but also a lot of sailing), I’ve been asking myself – did we actually end up with a project boat? While shopping for a boat, the one thing I was sure of was we didn’t want a project boat!

I had heard of people buying project boats and spending years working on them without sailing. I have a lot of admiration for people who do that, but for us sailing and cruising was always the number 1 goal. If a project boat meant we couldn’t cruise, we’d be better off continuing to charter and sail in clubs.

I’ve written before that eventually I realized all boats are project boats (“What Exactly is a Project Boat Anyway?“). And even though living aboard has made it easier to work on projects, the project list hasn’t gotten any shorter. For every project finished, we discover one or two new ones.

Haul-out in June 2015

Read the rest of the post on S/V Violet Hour.

Read More Here ….

The post Oops, we bought a project boat! appeared first on YachtAweigh.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2n3ZlST
via Yacht Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment