Sunday, August 13, 2017

Haul out, chart plotters and a new sail cover

Grace became part of our family in 2015 and had decent bottom paint on her during the survey. At the time, I was told she had just been painted, so I waited until this year to have her pulled again and to do some maintenance. In about a week, I leave for a 2 week stint around the San Juan Islands, so having a clean bottom and prop should help give me a speed boost for the longer trip. I also had a couple of smaller projects to complete before the trip.

One of the most important projects to complete was installing the Raymarine Axiom 9″ chartplotter that I discussed here, and a new B&G Vulcan 5 chart plotter. I had wanted to move up from the 7″ Raymarine es78 chartplotter I had installed for the last 2 years because of the smaller screen size, but was waiting for a few key features which came out in v3.1 of LightHouse for the Axiom, which I will be writing about in a separate post. Those came out recently, and after testing things for an evening sail with the Axiom temporarily mounted, it was time to make it permanent.

Continue reading the full post on the Sailbits blog.

Read More Here ….

The post Haul out, chart plotters and a new sail cover appeared first on YachtAweigh.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2w1RcSA
via Yacht Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment