Sunday, December 31, 2017

Easy security cameras for the sailboat via Arlo

I have been a remote video camera junkie since AXIS came out with their first IP enabled cameras back in the late 1990s. Leveraging an ISDN internet connection, I was able to monitor my house and a vacation property remotely from a computer. Smartphones didn’t exist at that point, so you had to hunt down a computer and a modem or other connection. The video quality of these cameras was, to say the least, quite low. If I remember correctly, that first camera had 120×120 pixels resolution, which is not really enough for anything serious.

Flash forward to now, and we have a ton of different options. I have tried cameras from Nest/Dropcam, Mobotix, Arlo, Ubiquiti, AXIS, Sony, and probably 10 other lesser known manufacturers that I’ve forgotten. So many have restrictions, or are lacking key features, or simply have terrible video quality.

Continue reading the full post on the Sailbits blog.

Read More Here ….

The post Easy security cameras for the sailboat via Arlo appeared first on YachtAweigh.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2EoezqE
via Yacht Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment