Monday, April 24, 2017

From the galley: Stan’s amazing boat burritos

Here’s a delicious and easy recipe from our friend Jim at SalishSeaPilot.com

There is nothing like Stan’s Burritos served with spicy guacamole, sour cream and salsa.

Elbowing Lynne aside, I am going into the galley to post my recipe for burritos — officially the easiest and best burritos.

And I don’t think Lynne is just toying with my feelings when she lauds them and encourages me to make them again and again. High praise since she, unlike me, is the sort who needs lots of variety in her meals.

These burritos are named for me, a nickname I acquired for a moment in time, just long enough to name a burrito recipe after me.

Stan’s Boat Burritos

1 lb lean ground beef
1 large onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp crumbled oregano leaf
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 can refried beans (16oz)
1 jar salsa, as spicy as you like (10oz)
grated cheese to your pleasure

Brown beef in skillet with onions and garlic. Drain well and add spices.

Stir in beans and salsa. Heat thoroughly.

Place a scoop of burrito mixture in a large, soft wheat tortilla. Top with grated cheddar or mozza. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat.

Bake in oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes, until brown.

Garnish with chopped tomatoes, lettuce and peppers. Serve with guacamole, more salsa and sour cream.

Freeze unused burrito mixture. We usually make a double recipe, freezing meal size portions in plastic zip-bags.

Amazing.

Read More Here ….

The post From the galley: Stan’s amazing boat burritos appeared first on YachtAweigh.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2oq9bil
via Yacht Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment