Sunday, June 18, 2017

A brief note about life on the hard

It’s another one of those new experiences that, having read about them or seen them again and again on YouTube, you think you are prepared for. Life on the hard is a … unique … experience and, while not exactly unpleasant, has very little to recommend it. Summed up, it’s sort of like getting all the negatives of living on a boat (with a few extras thrown in) and none of the benefits.

The first thing we really noticed about the hard was that the boat didn’t move. At all. I soon discovered we step differently when we are on a boat in the water; there is bit more roll in my step and my stance is a bit lighter—more on my toes, I guess. And the first time I hit the bottom of the companionway after the boat had been propped up on stands, it felt like my foot was going to go through the cabin sole. It just felt wrong and it took a few days to get used to it.

Continue reading the full post on Never Forever blog.

Read More Here ….

The post A brief note about life on the hard appeared first on YachtAweigh.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2tBFJUy
via Yacht Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment